Department of Chief Secretary
Our goal is to provide dedicated,
responsive, productive and professional service.
Chief Secretary Department is the
Axis axle of the Public Service. This department has divided into
six sections for its smooth operation. The Sections are
Secretariat, Administration, Human Resources and Labour, Registry
of Births, Deaths and Marriages, Warehouse and Post Office.
The Chief Secretary's Department plays a very key role in
monitoring, maintaining and supervising the Public Service
Departments and its day to day activities and also provide
assistance to the Ministerial and President Office. The
Department is also responsible for introducing and implementing
government policies arranging Cabinet Meeting and preparing
documents for Cabinet and handling General Election.
- To develop a cost effective,
transparent and efficient Public Service which is accountable and
- To implement the NSDS reform
activities including reforming the attitude and mindset of Public
- Reduce the size of the Public
Sector. Effective administration and management of the Public
Service will ensure the right number of staff, the right skills,
sound recruitment and selections policies.
- A public service that is not only
small but can be able to pay affordable salary rates to staff
- Identify capacity gaps and design
appropriate strategies to build capacity at individual,
organizational and institutional levels
- Develop corporate plans for all
Ministries to establish clear Ministry goals and strategies as well
as identifying core functions
- Establish best practice and
transparent systems & processes to support the reformed
- Develop Nauru Public Service Human
Resources Development Strategy
- Efficient and transparent implementation of the regulations of
the Public Service
- Provide administrative services such as budget preparation,
salary distribution, procurement and supply, support service,
expatriate welfare and travel arrangements
- Provide HR Services( Recruitment, Appointment, Disciplinary
- Identify Capacity gaps and provide training
- Act as Cabinet Secretariat and provide administrative services
- Registration of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Publications of Government Gazette Notifications
- Manage and maintain the National Electoral Roll
- Conduct General Election
- Organize Official Functions
In nec, vut integer scelerisque
risus? Dictumst pulvinar, a nisi est, nec nunc magna ultrices
turpis! Risus platea magna porta, lacus ut rhoncus augue sagittis?
Augue mid ultricies, sit lacus etiam ...
Read more >
Adipiscing ac sociis? Amet magna
tristique porta dolor mattis tincidunt et, mattis rhoncus massa
etiam et mattis? Nunc et pulvinar tincidunt aliquam integer? Velit,
cursus, vel scelerisque scelerisque! ...
Read more >